BBC观点

您所在的位置:网站首页 gentle power的翻译 BBC观点

BBC观点

2023-12-28 16:20| 来源: 网络整理| 查看: 265

A world of open-plan offices, networking parties, and big personalities.

这个世界喜欢开放式办公室、建立人脉的派对、个性外放的人。

For those who speak softly, it's easy to feel left out.

那些温柔说话的人很容易感觉自己格格不入。

As a child, I blended into the background.

我小时候会试图融入人群。

Many thought that I had little to say or that I simply didn't like others.

很多人会觉得我话很少,或我单纯不喜欢其他人。

But that wasn't true.

但并不是这样的。

People often think that introverts are shy, or antisocial.

大家都会觉得内向的人很害羞,或甚至有反社会人格。

But these are misconceptions.

但这其实是误解。

Introverts, like anyone, can find socialising fun.

内向的人和大家一样,都会觉得社交很有趣。

But while parties leave extroverts energised, after some time, introverts need to recharge. . . away from everyone.

外向的人参加派对后会充满活力,但内向的人在派对一段时间后就需要充电,远离人群。

There is a scientific theory for this.

这其实是有科学根据的。

There are two important chemicals found in all our brains - dopamine and acetylcholine.

我们脑中有两种重要的化学物质:多巴胺和乙酰胆碱。

Dopamine is like a hit of energy when we take risks or meet new people - and it makes extroverts feel great.

冒险或认识新朋友时,多巴胺就会像一股能量——让外向的人有很棒的感受。

But introverts are more sensitive to dopamine and get quickly over-stimulated.

但内向的人对多巴胺比较敏感,短时间内就会被过度刺激。

That's why we prefer the more slow-burn feeling we get when our brains release acetylcholine.

这也是为什么我们比较喜欢脑中释放乙酰胆碱时平稳和缓的感受。

That happens when we concentrate, read, or focus our minds.

在我们专注、阅读或集中精神的时候,脑中就会释放乙酰胆碱。

It makes us introverts feel relaxed, alert and content.

这会让内向者感到放松、灵敏与满足。

But it barely registers with extroverts.

却不太会对外向者产生作用。

Of course, like anything, it's a sliding scale.

但当然,这和大多数事情一样,是浮动的。

You can lean one way or another.

你有可能有时候偏外向,有时候又偏内向。

Or be a bit of both - known as an ambivert.

或者两种特质都有一点——是个综合性格的人。

Now I understand myself better, I am deeply grateful for how I am.

我现在更了解自己了,我很感谢自己是这样的人。

Instead of filling up space with small talk, I listen patiently and make my words matter.

比起用交谈填补对话时的空白,我会耐心听别人说话,并让自己说出的话有意义。

I have few friends but our connection is deep.

我朋友不多,但彼此之间的连结深刻。

I love spending time alone.

我享受独处的时间。

It's where the chaos of a long day can finally settle.

这是一整天的混乱终于可以尘埃落定的时刻。

I can reflect and listen to my thoughts, and eventually reconnect with myself.

我能反思并倾听内心的声音,最终与自己重新连结。

Only after that am I ready to share with the world again.

只有在这样之后,我才能准备好再次向世界敞开心房。

I have learnt strategies for finding comfort in our noisy world - from using music to create bubbles of peace, to escaping to a quiet park at lunchtime.

我已经在这吵闹的世界中找到让自己感到舒适的方法,让音乐建立起一个宁静的泡泡,或在午餐时间逃离到安静的公园。

I adore the intensity and chaotic beauty of the world.

我喜欢世界强烈混乱的美。

But it's in quiet spaces where I feel truly at home.

但唯有安静的空间才能让我真正感到自在。

If introversion were more valued by society, it could make a massive difference to our collective future.

如果社会能更重视「内向特质」,我们的未来一定会有很大的不同。

The unique attributes of introverts really are a deep, quiet strength.

内向者独特的特质其实是一种深沉、安静的力量。

And as Gandhi, put it, "In a gentle way, you can shake the world".

如同甘地说的:"你能以温柔的方式撼动世界。"返回搜狐,查看更多



【本文地址】


今日新闻


推荐新闻


CopyRight 2018-2019 办公设备维修网 版权所有 豫ICP备15022753号-3